Maj Gen Nair is new AFMC dean
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Major General Velu Nair, an alumni of the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), has returned to his alma mater as Dean and Deputy Commandant. He replaces Maj Gen M Luthra who has been posted to the South Western Command Headquarters after his tenure at AFMC ended.
Maj Gen Nair is an alumni who graduated from AFMC in 1977. After taking an MD in Medicine from AFMC he was selected to pursue post doctoral fellowship in Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at Christian Medical College, Vellore and Kings College & Hospital, London.
He is also visiting professor to Stanford University and Stanford Medical Centre in the US. Maj Gen Nair is an authority in Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine and has numerous scientific publications and awards to his credit.
- Patient’s death sparks protests, LNJP ward vandalised
- Under EC watch, money spent on campaigns on social media
- Woman used lipstick to write suicide note on wall: Police
- Unilever buys majority share in China water business
- Sisters married to a Nitish aide, one a JD(U) MLA, one an RJD nominee
- AAP men spar with Kejriwal, question LS tickets to Ashutosh, Rajmohan