Major arms haul in Kupwara district of Jammu & Kashmir
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A huge quantity of arms and ammunition, including 20 AK 47 rifles and 20 pistols, were recovered by the Army near the Line of Control in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
The recoveries were made during a search operation in Farkian Gali area in frontier district of Kupwara, a defence spokesman said.
The arms and ammunition were found hidden a kilometre inside the LoC, he said.
The Army launched the search operation following intelligence inputs suggesting possibility of infiltration bids or pushing of arms into Kashmir from across the border, the spokesman said.
Twenty AK 47 assault rifles and an equal number of pistols besides a huge quantity of ammunition were recovered during the operation, he said.