Major Fire at a residential building in South Mumbai
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Fire broke out in a residential building at Cuffe Parade in south Mumbai early today, fire brigade officials said today.
No one was injured in the incident.
As many as 16 people were rescued after the blaze erupted on the 19th floor of the 26-storeyed Jolley Maker building in Cuffe Parade area at about 3.45 AM, they said.
At least nine fire tenders, two water tankers and two ambulances were rushed to the spot.
During the rescue operation, the people trapped on the 19th floor and above were rescued and the flames were doused by 9.15 AM, officials said.
The situation is under control and cooling operations are underway, they added.
Fire brigade officials suspect that short-circuit could have triggered the blaze.
- BMC gets 75K applications for 942 posts of clerks
- Sena corporator Yashodhar Phanse new chairman of BMC standing committee
- ‘Principal leaked paper to cop’s son out of goodwill’; both remanded in 5-day custody
- Juvenile board miffed at raking up convicts’ past
- Ahead of state polls, Rane says Cong ‘hasn’t used his full potential’
- Mizoram: Arms, ammunition seized before polls