Major Fire at a residential building in South Mumbai
Fire broke out in a residential building at Cuffe Parade in south Mumbai early today, fire brigade officials said today.
No one was injured in the incident.
As many as 16 people were rescued after the blaze erupted on the 19th floor of the 26-storeyed Jolley Maker building in Cuffe Parade area at about 3.45 AM, they said.
At least nine fire tenders, two water tankers and two ambulances were rushed to the spot.
During the rescue operation, the people trapped on the 19th floor and above were rescued and the flames were doused by 9.15 AM, officials said.
The situation is under control and cooling operations are underway, they added.
Fire brigade officials suspect that short-circuit could have triggered the blaze.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota