Major fire on the sets of Kapil Sharma's 'Comedy Nights with Kapil'
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A massive fire broke out on the sets of popular TV show Comedy Nights With Kapil early Wednesday (September 25) morning at the Goregaon Film city.
The show is hosted by standup comedian Kapil Sharma.
Actress Sonakshi Sinha, who was shooting for her new movie 'R.... Rajkumar' with Shahid Kapoor, wrote on Twitter about the accident.
Massive fire on the set next to my @RamboRajkumar shoot this morning! Hope no ones hurt!!! http://t.co/z7MDOuLinV— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) September 25, 2013
There were no casualties in the fire that broke out at 8.15 AM (local time).
Four fire engines, five tankers and an ambulance have been rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
It was brought under control. The officials of Colors channel later said that no shooting was taking place when the incident happened.
The extent of the damage and cause of the fire are yet to be ascertained.
"It is unfortunate that such an incident has occurred on the sets of 'Comedy Nights With Kapil'. There have been no casualties and we are currently in the process of assessing the extent of the damage," channel's spokesperson said.
"We are focusing all our efforts to resume shooting for the show so that we have no disruption and we don't disappoint our loyal viewers," the spokesperson added.
The popular TV show is hosted by stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma.
Bollywood A-listers including Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ranbir Kapoor often come to promote their films on the show.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress