Make Brand Gujarat shine: Modi to diamond traders
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Modi advised diamond businessmen of Surat on how to do business with zero defect, branding and packaging . He also advised the businessmen and manufacturers of Surat, to create brands of their products, like pens, watches and other items we use in day today life we see that it is Japan and Swiss made. "Like diamonds should be sold in the world market with the brand name of 'Made in Surat' or 'Made in Gujarat' or 'Made in India' and to create the brand image we have to carry out exhibitions and invite the businessmen of other countries to visit and examine the product,"said Modi.
Modi further added, "The packaging industry is left behind and nobody looks into it. Diamonds, no matter what the cost, if proper packaging is done, it will add more to the price of the product. The diamond industry people should also look ahead in this direction and conduct seminars on packaging industry, what is going in the world in this segment and where we are, this will help industry in increasing the value addition of the product," he added.
Modi cited an example of Ayurvedic medicines. "India is the mother of ayurvedic medicines but we are lacking in proper packaging, China had captured world market of traditional medicines and holistic health care and the reason is that they have worked hard on the packaging and comfort segment of their product. We should aggressively work in this direction."
Chairman and MD of National Small Industry Corporation (NSIC) Dr. H P Kumar also praised the growth of Gujarat and said, "Gujarat is on the No. 1 position of small scale industry. As per the latest figures of 2011-12, the small scale industry growth rate of India is 19.86 percent while Gujarat is on the top with 85.34 percent. The small scale industry across the country gives direct employment to over 6 corres people and this had been done due to the policies made by central government."
Reacting to Kumar's comment, Modi said, "The UPA government says Gujarat government is for five industrialists, now their government representative is saying that we are not with five industrialists we are with all six crores people of Gujarat. We have worked hard to get on the topmost position and take the 'Made in Gujarat' brand to the world. To get such image we have two work hard to make our product zero defect in manufacturing sector. The world should know that the products that comes from Gujarat has zero defect."
All the newly elected MLA's sat on the second row of the stage with the diamond industry people and SGCCI president Paresh Patel presided next to the chief minister.
- In Malda, it’s still all about Ghani Khan
- Dasmunsi’s teen son invokes father’s AIIMS dream and Rahul’s name to seek votes for mother
- Modi can take India to next level: Bedi
- IPL style event will help women’s cricket: Anjum
- ‘Accused’s friends have deposed against him’
- Exhibition takes hopeful look at dilapidated mills in city