Malala Yousafzai to have surgery to repair skull
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Malala came to prominence when, as an eleven-year-old, she wrote a diary for BBC Urdu, giving an account of how her school in Mingora town dealt with the Taliban's 2009 edict to close girls' schools.
Her love for education and her courage in standing up to the Taliban, earned her a national peace award in 2011.
The Pakistan government has given Malala's father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, a job in Birmingham as the education attache at the Consulate of Pakistan for at least three years.