Malala Yousafzai to have surgery to repair skull
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Malala came to prominence when, as an eleven-year-old, she wrote a diary for BBC Urdu, giving an account of how her school in Mingora town dealt with the Taliban's 2009 edict to close girls' schools.
Her love for education and her courage in standing up to the Taliban, earned her a national peace award in 2011.
The Pakistan government has given Malala's father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, a job in Birmingham as the education attache at the Consulate of Pakistan for at least three years.