Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani fined for carrying undeclared gold
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani was fined Rs 7,000 by customs for failing to declare a gold bangle he wore during his foreign trip last month.
Customs sources said the CCTV footage of Nov 28 when he went abroad was examined and it was found that he was wearing the bangle. Hence, he was asked to deposit Rs 5,000 as redemption fine and Rs 2,000 as penalty.
The matter was adjudicated by Deputy Commissioner Saz Navaz and the bangle released.
Mani, who had essayed various roles in south Indian films, had been summoned by customs officials to appear for questioning today as he had failed to get an export certificate from customs with regard to the bangle when he went to Kuwait.
Meanwhile, the CBI questioned Shravya Sudhakaran, former Miss South India regarding the gold smuggling case involving Fayaz.
Incidentally, Fayaz was recently arrested in connection with smuggling of gold bars by two women from Dubai.
Of late, there has been increase in the cases relating to smuggling of gold bars through various airports in South India.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express