Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani fined for carrying undeclared gold
- Suspend CSK and Rajasthan from IPL until probe, make Gavaskar BCCI chief: Supreme Court
- Modi takes 'Jayanthi tax' jibe at Congress, tears into its manifesto
- Jaya wields 2G scam, DMK chief her wealth list
- Pak men held in UP aimed at repeat of Jama Masjid attack
- BJP may field Uma against Sonia, Smriti against Rahul
Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani was fined Rs 7,000 by customs for failing to declare a gold bangle he wore during his foreign trip last month.
Customs sources said the CCTV footage of Nov 28 when he went abroad was examined and it was found that he was wearing the bangle. Hence, he was asked to deposit Rs 5,000 as redemption fine and Rs 2,000 as penalty.
The matter was adjudicated by Deputy Commissioner Saz Navaz and the bangle released.
Mani, who had essayed various roles in south Indian films, had been summoned by customs officials to appear for questioning today as he had failed to get an export certificate from customs with regard to the bangle when he went to Kuwait.
Meanwhile, the CBI questioned Shravya Sudhakaran, former Miss South India regarding the gold smuggling case involving Fayaz.
Incidentally, Fayaz was recently arrested in connection with smuggling of gold bars by two women from Dubai.
Of late, there has been increase in the cases relating to smuggling of gold bars through various airports in South India.
- Engineers to switch off mobiles, hold protest dharna
- 150-year-old theatre group from Pakistan casts its spell in city
- Setalvad moves HC seeking anticipatory bail
- Mistry’s team lands in Vadodara to prepare ground for campaign
- Court concludes trial on Bokhiriya’s plea against conviction
- Ex-UT chief engineer acquitted in another corruption case