Malda crib death toll rises to 17
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Four more children died at Malda College and Hospital, taking the total number of crib deaths to 17 in the last 72 hours. The cause of the death was malnourishment, underweight, and premature birth, they said, adding they were admitted to the hospital in very critical condition. Hospital authorities said till now they have not received any recommendations from the task force on how to monitor the situation with inadequate infrastructure. They have discussed their problems to the members of the task force, but they have not been able to solve the problem.