Maldives summons India envoy
- Uri attack: Rajnath Singh, Manohar Parrikar, NSA, Army chief meet to discuss Kashmir
- Shahabuddin bail case: SC seeks RJD leader's reply, next hearing on Monday
- Uri attack: Will Sangh’s hardline stance influence India’s response?
- Uri terror attack: ‘Will avenge death of our soldiers... at a time of our choosing’
- Uri attack: Weapons recovered had Pakistan marking, initial probe indicates JeM role, says Army
Indian High Commissioner to Maldives Rajeev Shahare has been summoned by the Foreign Ministry here, amid deepening political crisis after the Supreme Court ordered postponement of the presidential run-off.
"We had a meeting with the Indian High Commissioner last night, but we cannot reveal details of the meeting," a Foreign Ministry official was quoted as saying by the Sun.mv online.
The ministry called on all foreign parties to refrain from interfering with internal matters of the country.
On Friday, Shahare met with Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thowfeek, local media reported, without elaborating. It is believed that Shahare was summoned by the ministry to protest his meeting with Thowfeek.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Uri choice
- Only 27 per cent of villages in India have a bank within a five km radius
- Decline in political discourse is evident in language used by politicians to belittle rivals
- Raja Mandala: A movement in coma
- Indian languages’ writers are taking on dogmas, myths and falsehoods
- Pakistan wages its proxy war against India with impunity