Maldives summons India envoy
- Kashmir violence: Back from Africa, PM Modi chairs meeting
- Kashmir protests: Another boy succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 31
- CPI (M), BJP workers hacked to death in revenge killing in Kerala's Kannur
- Kashmir protests: Her MLAs fearful, CM Mehbooba Mufti asks ministers to step out
- Reliance Power’s Rs 14,500-crore loan: It’s Goyal vs Goyal on mortgage of coal blocks as collateral
Indian High Commissioner to Maldives Rajeev Shahare has been summoned by the Foreign Ministry here, amid deepening political crisis after the Supreme Court ordered postponement of the presidential run-off.
"We had a meeting with the Indian High Commissioner last night, but we cannot reveal details of the meeting," a Foreign Ministry official was quoted as saying by the Sun.mv online.
The ministry called on all foreign parties to refrain from interfering with internal matters of the country.
On Friday, Shahare met with Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thowfeek, local media reported, without elaborating. It is believed that Shahare was summoned by the ministry to protest his meeting with Thowfeek.
- In its new phase, ‘azadi’ struggle in Kashmir is leaderless, and has a strong death wish
- AMU founder intended it to cater to the community’s educational needs
- Supreme Court has shone much-needed light on the operation of the AFSPA
- China’s rejection of international arbitration raises questions
- Next Door Nepal: Reprieve for Oli
- Hostilities between Pakistan and Afghanistan are rising