I am not interested in Rahul Gandhi, I like Narendra Modi: Mallika Sherawat
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Actress Mallika Sherawat says in her upcoming reality series she is not looking for a husband but rather wants to find 'true love'.
The 36-year-old actress will make her small screen debut with 'The Bachelorette India -Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika', which is a spin-off from the American competitive reality dating game show.
"There is no promise of marriage. I am lonely and am looking for true love. It is about the journey and not the destination," Mallika told reporters here.
However, the "Murder" actress said that when she decides to settle down in the future, she will chose someone who has nothing to do with the showbiz world.
"I would not marry anyone from the field of entertainment. I am in the world of glitz and glamour which is make believe world. I want normalcy in life and that is why you will see actresses getting married to doctors and businessmen," she
When asked if she would like to marry someone from abroad, Mallika, who regularly visits the US for work, said, "It is good to work there but people lack human emotions. I would marry someone from India."
The Indian version of the show will have 30 contestants vying for Mallika's attention"It is a reality show so whatever happens on a date and on the show is all real. Nothing is scripted. We have not created anything falsely. I am very much real in the show I am not acting," she said.
Mallika considers Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the perfect bachelor and on his birthday the actress even recorded a video message for him.
"I am hopelessly romantic girl. I like him (Narendra Modi). I am not interested in Rahul Gandhi," she added.
There were reports that Mallika has charged a whopping Rs 30 crore for 30 episodes of this show. When asked about the same, she said, I am not denying it... I cannot lie."
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students