Mamata again: Journalists, I'll slap you!
- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool again as she threatened to slap photo-journalists. "I will slap you, you uncivilised people. Don't you see it's cooking here?" she fumed at photographers jostling for space while photographing her at the "Mati Utsav" here on Saturday. The video footage went viral on TV channels in Kolkata on Sunday. Mamata had been criticsed for threatening to whip her security personnel on February 6 after she had to wait for her car.
CPM leader Mohd Selim said in Kolkata that the CM's threat to slap the photo journalist only exposed her "dictatorial attitude". "It's only within 20 months rule, the Trinamool government has exposed its fascist face with Mamata Banerjee a great dictator," Selim said.