Mamata again: Journalists, I'll slap you!
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool again as she threatened to slap photo-journalists. "I will slap you, you uncivilised people. Don't you see it's cooking here?" she fumed at photographers jostling for space while photographing her at the "Mati Utsav" here on Saturday. The video footage went viral on TV channels in Kolkata on Sunday. Mamata had been criticsed for threatening to whip her security personnel on February 6 after she had to wait for her car.
CPM leader Mohd Selim said in Kolkata that the CM's threat to slap the photo journalist only exposed her "dictatorial attitude". "It's only within 20 months rule, the Trinamool government has exposed its fascist face with Mamata Banerjee a great dictator," Selim said.