Mamata Banerjee backers now feel betrayed by govt
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
"The incident was not cooked up as Mamata Banerjee had claimed. It was a true incident. The prime accused is still free. It has been a year and we feel that the culprits be arrested and proper punishment meted out. That is why we are marching to the Park Street police station to file a deputation," said Aich.
Though police said the charges will be framed on February 19 against the three, who have been arrested the incident, they are yet to get hold of the prime accused Kader Khan. In May 2012, police submitted a chargesheet against the five accused in the rape case, 82 days after the incident. Three of the accused — Sumit Bajaj, Nasser Ali and Ruhman Khan — were arrested on February 18 and sent to judicial custody on March 3.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon