Mamata Banerjee claims pro-CPI(M) govt employees out to sabotage govt
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today claimed that pro-CPI(M) state government employees were trying to sabotage her government to give it a bad name, but cautioned the people against taking the law into their own hands.
"Many CPI(M) comrades got employment (during Left Front rule). How do I drive them away? I do not want to do so. But I want them to work properly and not indulge in mischief," Banerjee told a government programme here.
The chief minister, however, urged the people not to take the law into their hands in confronting such employees.
"Do not beat them up. If you do so I will take action. Tell them politely and with love that they have to do their jobs as they are in government service," Banerjee said.
Criticising the CPI(M), she said "Though only over one year and half has passed since the CPI (M) lost power, some people have started posing as if they will return to power.
"The CPI(M) has led the state to financial bankruptcy. The party is also responsible for killing and terrorising innocent people. It is trying to recapture land. It will never able to come back to power," Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress chief said.
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu
- A new Indo-US partnership model
- Patriot or nationalist? Why I will never be the latter
- India’s external sector has never been as strong as it has been since 1991-92
- An alarming rise in pollution levels underscores the urgent need for better regulation