Mamata Banerjee has positive mind on NCTC: Sushilkumar Shinde
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who had earlier objected on certain issues, has a 'positive mind' towards the National Counter Terrorism Centre.
"I had talked to her earlier also on the NCTC issue. She has a positive mind (Unka toh maan hai)," Shinde told reporters when asked if he discussed the issue with the chief minister at a meeting at Fraserganj in South 24-Parganas district today.
Shinde reiterated that the Centre was keen to introduce the NCTC to firmly deal with terrorism.
The NCTC, which has regained importance following the Hyderabad serial blasts last week, has been opposed by several states on the ground that law and order was a state subject.
Shinde had yesterday said he had already told the Rajya Sabha that the Centre would pursue the NCTC and do it.
He had also said Mamata Banerjee was very cooperative on the issue and others like the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
"Whenever the country faces any difficulty, the CM is very cooperative," Shinde had said.
Shinde and Banerjee also discussed coastal security issues during their visit to the riverine Indo-Bangla border in the Sunderbans.