Mamata Banerjee hiding in shame: Deepa Dasmunsi
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Congress MP and Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi on Sunday said that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is hiding her "face in Facebook" as she has "failed to deliver on her promise".
"The people of West Bengal have started asking questions on promises made by Mamata. The West Bengal CM is hiding her face in Facebook as she fears to come out in public because of shame," Dasmunsi, known to be a bitter critic of Mamata, said while addressing a Congress rally at Tehatta in Nadia.
Dasmunsi asked Mamata to explain where her promises had gone. "Where are employments? Where are the industries?" she asked.
Alleging that the law and order situation is fast deteriorating in the state under the Trinamool regime, Dasmunsi asked, "Why is the Trinamool chief, who often demanded the Centre's intervention in the law and order situation during Left regime, silent?"
She dismissed Mamata's claim that peace had returned to Junglemahal. "At Lalgarh yesterday, I saw people are so scared that they do not open their windows. They fear to come out because they are scared to open their mouth against the new government," Dasmunsi said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18