Mamata Banerjee hiding in shame: Deepa Dasmunsi
- Election LIVE: Pawan Bansal, Raj Babbar among 71 candidates in Cong's second list
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Congress MP and Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi on Sunday said that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is hiding her "face in Facebook" as she has "failed to deliver on her promise".
"The people of West Bengal have started asking questions on promises made by Mamata. The West Bengal CM is hiding her face in Facebook as she fears to come out in public because of shame," Dasmunsi, known to be a bitter critic of Mamata, said while addressing a Congress rally at Tehatta in Nadia.
Dasmunsi asked Mamata to explain where her promises had gone. "Where are employments? Where are the industries?" she asked.
Alleging that the law and order situation is fast deteriorating in the state under the Trinamool regime, Dasmunsi asked, "Why is the Trinamool chief, who often demanded the Centre's intervention in the law and order situation during Left regime, silent?"
She dismissed Mamata's claim that peace had returned to Junglemahal. "At Lalgarh yesterday, I saw people are so scared that they do not open their windows. They fear to come out because they are scared to open their mouth against the new government," Dasmunsi said.