Mamata Banerjee 'ignoring' spurt in atrocities on women: Left Front
- Rafale fighter jet deal: What does it mean for India?
- Murder convict, posing as visitor, escapes from Bangalore central prison
- Twice he promised, twice Haryana CM ML Khattar stood up Navy officer kin
- Express Impact: From today, stop construction that’s polluting air, says NGT
- Voting begins for Maharashtra Assembly byelections
The CPI(M)-led Opposition Left Front on Saturday alleged that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was ignoring the spurt in crime against women and expressed surprised how as a woman she could be 'so indifferent'.
"The chief minister is in the habit of dubbing such incidents as fabricated and as CPI(M)'s conspiracy without taking action, which indicates that she is deliberately ignoring crime against women," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told a rally listing 10 incidents.
Bose, the CPI(M) state secretary said, "It is surprising how a woman chief minister can be so indifferent to atrocities and crime against a woman and does not take action to curb it."
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra belonging to the CPI(M) also echoed the same charge.
Bose said that the Left Front would organise rallies in the state to mobilise public opinion.