Mamata Banerjee 'ignoring' spurt in atrocities on women: Left Front
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
The CPI(M)-led Opposition Left Front on Saturday alleged that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was ignoring the spurt in crime against women and expressed surprised how as a woman she could be 'so indifferent'.
"The chief minister is in the habit of dubbing such incidents as fabricated and as CPI(M)'s conspiracy without taking action, which indicates that she is deliberately ignoring crime against women," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told a rally listing 10 incidents.
Bose, the CPI(M) state secretary said, "It is surprising how a woman chief minister can be so indifferent to atrocities and crime against a woman and does not take action to curb it."
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra belonging to the CPI(M) also echoed the same charge.