Mamata Banerjee 'ignoring' spurt in atrocities on women: Left Front
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
The CPI(M)-led Opposition Left Front on Saturday alleged that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was ignoring the spurt in crime against women and expressed surprised how as a woman she could be 'so indifferent'.
"The chief minister is in the habit of dubbing such incidents as fabricated and as CPI(M)'s conspiracy without taking action, which indicates that she is deliberately ignoring crime against women," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told a rally listing 10 incidents.
Bose, the CPI(M) state secretary said, "It is surprising how a woman chief minister can be so indifferent to atrocities and crime against a woman and does not take action to curb it."
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra belonging to the CPI(M) also echoed the same charge.
Bose said that the Left Front would organise rallies in the state to mobilise public opinion.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress