Mamata Banerjee 'ignoring' spurt in atrocities on women: Left Front
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The CPI(M)-led Opposition Left Front on Saturday alleged that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was ignoring the spurt in crime against women and expressed surprised how as a woman she could be 'so indifferent'.
"The chief minister is in the habit of dubbing such incidents as fabricated and as CPI(M)'s conspiracy without taking action, which indicates that she is deliberately ignoring crime against women," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told a rally listing 10 incidents.
Bose, the CPI(M) state secretary said, "It is surprising how a woman chief minister can be so indifferent to atrocities and crime against a woman and does not take action to curb it."
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra belonging to the CPI(M) also echoed the same charge.
Bose said that the Left Front would organise rallies in the state to mobilise public opinion.