Mamata Banerjee screams at her guards, says they should be 'whipped' at Kolkata Book Fair
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool and screamed in public at her security guards for delay in arrival of her car at the Kolkata Book Fair site.
Mamata, in full public view said guards "should be whipped" for making her wait for her car.
Banerjee, who had gone to the Fair, publicly screamed at the security guards for the delay of her car at the gate.
An official of Publishers and Book Sellers Guild, which organised the fair, said that when Banerjee came out of the gate no 1, her car came late as it had to find its way through a crowd, following which she got angry.
"What she has done is against the values of basic human
rights. It is a gross violation of human rights. We condemn
such behaviour and that too from the highest authority of a
state. We have filed a complaint," APDR official Dhiraj
Sengupta, told PTI.
No senior police official was available for comment.