Mamata Banerjee's minister resents new responsibility, wants to resign
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
"This is the first of its kind of project, both in terms of expanse as well as strategic implications. The project, when implemented completely, would act as the much-needed electronic eye to our maritime agencies and provide the envisaged impetus to the overall coastal security apparatus," he said.
The Chain of Static Sensors would ensure near gap-free electronic surveillance of the entire Indian coast line up to the 25 nautical miles from the coast, he added.
Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command Vice Admiral Anil Chopra and naval and Coast Guard officials were present on the occasion.