Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress and CPI(M) workers clash, 20 injured
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
The local committee office of CPI(M) was set ablaze as at least 20 persons were injured during a clash between the Marxists and Trinamool Congress activists at Rajganj in Jalpaiguri district today.
Police said the clash began over the managing committee election of Rajganj High School and supporters from both sides got injured.
While Trinamool Congress MLA Khageswar Roy claimed 20 of their activists suffered injuries in the clash, the CPI(M) alleged 30 party supporters were hurt as "Trinamool men carried on unprovoked attack."
Following the clash, the CPI(M) local office at Pukurjan gram panchayat area under Rajganj block was set ablaze but the Trinamool claimed the left party itself conspired to torch the office to put the onus on the ruling party.
A police picket was posted in the area.