Mamata behind Modi, Kejriwal and Vasundhara on Facebook
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
The popularity of the Facebook page of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's has crossed five lakh 'likes' but Narendra Modi, Arvind Kejriwal and Vasundhara Raje were ahead of her.
"Mamata Banerjee started her journey on Facebook on June 15, 2012. In a span of 18 months, she received 5 lakh 'likes'. Only Namo, Arvind Kejriwal, Vasundhara Raje are ahead of her," Trinamool Congress MP Derek O' Brien said.
"She has always used Facebook as a medium to share her views on important issues, like the Bill on Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh or the demand for sacking of Justice Ganguly," he said.
He said Banerjee also once asked people in jest to comment on Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily's idea of 'Bus Day once a week', O'Brien said.
"She also shares pictures of her district tours and government functions and wishes people on festivals through Facebook," he said.
With her critics dubbing her of being intolerant' to comments and cartoons about her on social networking sites, Banerjee had joined the social media by registering her presence on Facebook.