Mamata behind Modi, Kejriwal and Vasundhara on Facebook
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
- âNo one heard my side of story, I decided to go with familyâ
The popularity of the Facebook page of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's has crossed five lakh 'likes' but Narendra Modi, Arvind Kejriwal and Vasundhara Raje were ahead of her.
"Mamata Banerjee started her journey on Facebook on June 15, 2012. In a span of 18 months, she received 5 lakh 'likes'. Only Namo, Arvind Kejriwal, Vasundhara Raje are ahead of her," Trinamool Congress MP Derek O' Brien said.
"She has always used Facebook as a medium to share her views on important issues, like the Bill on Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh or the demand for sacking of Justice Ganguly," he said.
He said Banerjee also once asked people in jest to comment on Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily's idea of 'Bus Day once a week', O'Brien said.
"She also shares pictures of her district tours and government functions and wishes people on festivals through Facebook," he said.
With her critics dubbing her of being intolerant' to comments and cartoons about her on social networking sites, Banerjee had joined the social media by registering her presence on Facebook.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight