Mamata calls on Suchitra; docs say actress improving
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Ailing actress Suchitra Sen, who has remained a recluse for the last three decades and is currently undergoing treatment at a Kolkata hospital, met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday.
After the 82-year-old actress expressed her desire to meet Mamata, the latter went to the private hospital where she is admitted following a respiratory tract infection.
Stating that Suchitra's health was now improving gradually, Mamata wrote on her Facebook page, "I am undoubtedly fortunate enough to get an opportunity to meet her in person. I am overwhelmed and proud to meet the legendary actress whose films we had seen so many times. It is an emotional moment."
The CM asked all to pray for Suchitra's early recovery and good health.
Doctors attending to Sen said her health is now serious but stable as she has partially responded to intermittent non-invasive ventilation. The oxygen saturation level in her blood has improved compared to the previous days but it remains a cause of concern.
Mamata had earlier visited the hospital Friday and met Sen's daughter Moon Moon Sen, Dr Subrata Moitra — who is attending to the actress — and his medical team but left without meeting the actress at the ITU cabin.
"Later, when she became little stable and came to know that I had visited the nursing home to enquire about her health, she expressed desire to meet me... I rushed to the hospital and met her for about 25 minutes today," Mamata said.