Mamata calls on Suchitra; docs say actress improving
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
Ailing actress Suchitra Sen, who has remained a recluse for the last three decades and is currently undergoing treatment at a Kolkata hospital, met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday.
After the 82-year-old actress expressed her desire to meet Mamata, the latter went to the private hospital where she is admitted following a respiratory tract infection.
Stating that Suchitra's health was now improving gradually, Mamata wrote on her Facebook page, "I am undoubtedly fortunate enough to get an opportunity to meet her in person. I am overwhelmed and proud to meet the legendary actress whose films we had seen so many times. It is an emotional moment."
The CM asked all to pray for Suchitra's early recovery and good health.
Doctors attending to Sen said her health is now serious but stable as she has partially responded to intermittent non-invasive ventilation. The oxygen saturation level in her blood has improved compared to the previous days but it remains a cause of concern.
Mamata had earlier visited the hospital Friday and met Sen's daughter Moon Moon Sen, Dr Subrata Moitra — who is attending to the actress — and his medical team but left without meeting the actress at the ITU cabin.
"Later, when she became little stable and came to know that I had visited the nursing home to enquire about her health, she expressed desire to meet me... I rushed to the hospital and met her for about 25 minutes today," Mamata said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready