Mamata remark on PM: Cong demands apology
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
The Congress on Monday took strong exception to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's remarks about Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and demanded an apology from her. Mamata made the remark at a rally at Canning in South 24-Parganas district.
"The Centre is not giving us the financial package that we have been demanding for so long. We have told the PM several times about it. What shall we do now? Marbo naki? (shall we beat him up?)" Mamata said.
"How can she use such filthy language with respect to the Prime Minister? She is the CM. It is the language of hooligans. She must apologise," WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharya told The Indian Express.