- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Guess what lures Trinamool Congress president and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to the Central Hall of Parliament? Mutli-grain toast and coffee. "They are the best," Mamata said, helping herself to a plateful of the stuff. This, even after the Railways' catering staff, who service the Parliament House, introduced some fish preparations to suit Bengali taste-buds after she became the Railways Minister.
SIBAL GETS A BREATHER
For the first three years of UPA II, Kapil Sibal, one of the crisis managers of the government, was a harried man, what with the Congress-led regime facing one crisis after another. With the dust seemingly settling down — for now, at least — the Telecom Minister has finally got some time to relax and what better way to do it than watch some Bollywood flicks. He has watched three films recently — Barfi, English Vinglish, and Oh My God — and is hoping to catch some more so long as his relaxation time lasts!
SAINIK Samachar, the fortnightly publication of the Defence Ministry, is very popular in military circles as it carries the latest in appointments, visits and postings of the three armed forces. While traditionally, all senior officers get their due share of publicity, one officer in particular has been featured repeatedly in the past few issues. Southern Army Commander Lt Gen A K Singh, who retires from service in January, has had several glowing articles and photographs published in the past two issues, raising some comment within the ministry. In the latest issue, for example, as many as seven photographs of the officer have been printed, against four of the Defence Minister and even less of the Army Chief. The previous issue had an entire essay on Singh, accompanied by almost a dozen photographs featuring him in various activities.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'