Mamata’s policies driving away industrialists from state: Cong
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee on Saturday intensified attacks against the Mamata Banerjee government for failing to attract investment in the state and opposing the Centre's move to set up an AIIMS-like hospital in West Bengal.
The state Congress unit has also announced that it will mobilise its cadres on FDI issues by holding a grand rally at Rani Rasmoni Avenue on December 29. Congress Rajya Sabha MP and WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharjee on Saturday said that quantum of land available in government land bank is not clear. "We still do not how much land is available in which district. The chief minister is still stuck to her hands-off land acquisition policy. Attracting investment will be difficult if the government does not change the land policy," he said.