Mamata shifts focus to ‘her achievements’ in colleges
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Present at the occasion were all her regular cabinet ministers and MPs, including Suvendu Adhikary, Kunal Ghosh, Derek O' Brien, Firhad Hakim, Partha Chatterjee, Mukul Roy, Subrata Buxi, Jyotipriyo Mullick, Madan Mitra, Chandrima Bhattacharjee, mayor Sovan Chatterjee, state Trinamool Chhatra Parishad president Shankudeb Panda and All India Yuva president Abhishek Banerjee.
Prior to her arrival, the mood was set among the gathering by other TMC leaders. TMCP leader Saurav Chakraborty and MP Suvendu Adhikari compared Mamata with Mahatma Gandhi while the CM's nephew Abhisek Banerjee had not only picked up her style of going around the stage with a cordless microphone but has also inherited her aggressive mannerisms. "The media is not doing its duty. It is the responsibility of the students to take Trinamool to the national level," he said.
Mukul Roy said Mamata had been successful in areas where even Indira Gandhi wasn't. Mayor Sovan Chatterjee was visibly bored and tired before the CM arrived at the venue and was spotted yawning at least seven times during the warm-up speeches.
Mamata signed off saying that the ministers should be accessible over phone, at least till 11 in the night and then again from 9 am the next day. "I got a call from someone at 1 am last night who did not even speak. So I stored his number as 'ajana phone, paji' (unknown number, wicked person)," she said with a smile.