Mamata snubs IAS officer at fair inauguration
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
A senior IAS official of the rank of additional chief secretary was publicly snubbed by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during the inauguration of West Bengal Handicrafts Fair at Milanmela on Sunday.
While addressing the inaugural ceremony, the CM asked the additional chief secretary of state, small medium and micro scale industry department, Anup Chanda about the department's participation in the ongoing trade fair in Delhi.
When Chanda failed to answer quickly, Mamata said: "Anupbabu, it seems you are sleeping." The audience started laughing at the remark.
Realising that she should not have made such a comment publicly, Mamata quickly downplayed the matter. "He (Chanda) is my trusted man. He is a very senior IAS officer. So do not twist the incident," she said.
Rampurhat: Inaugurating the Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail line, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury on Sunday said this was an important day for West Bengal and neighbouring Jharkhand. "This is a significant day for our two states. A stretch of 18.97 km has been completed in the first phase with the opening of Rampurhat-Pinargaria phase, which is part of the Rampurhat-Dumka rail project," Chowdhury said at a function. Once the whole Rampurhat-Dumka line is opened up finally, it will open the Tarapith-Dumka tourism circuit and help people of both states, Chowdhury said.
New LS seating for TMC MPs likely today
New Delhi: MPs of Trinamool Congress are expected to be seated in the Opposition benches in the Lok Sabha from Monday. In fact, a lot of changes in the seating arrangements are on the cards with the inclusion of 17 MPs into the government a month back and removal of a few ministers. While the blueprint of the changed seating arrangements is not known, reports had it that the TMC members may find themselves in the company of their arch rivals - the Left Front.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov