Mamata snubs IAS officer at fair inauguration
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Election Commission sends notice to defiant Azam Khan over Kargil remark
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- BCCI moves SC to get access to statements by Srinivasan and Dhoni
A senior IAS official of the rank of additional chief secretary was publicly snubbed by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during the inauguration of West Bengal Handicrafts Fair at Milanmela on Sunday.
While addressing the inaugural ceremony, the CM asked the additional chief secretary of state, small medium and micro scale industry department, Anup Chanda about the department's participation in the ongoing trade fair in Delhi.
When Chanda failed to answer quickly, Mamata said: "Anupbabu, it seems you are sleeping." The audience started laughing at the remark.
Realising that she should not have made such a comment publicly, Mamata quickly downplayed the matter. "He (Chanda) is my trusted man. He is a very senior IAS officer. So do not twist the incident," she said.
Rampurhat: Inaugurating the Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail line, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury on Sunday said this was an important day for West Bengal and neighbouring Jharkhand. "This is a significant day for our two states. A stretch of 18.97 km has been completed in the first phase with the opening of Rampurhat-Pinargaria phase, which is part of the Rampurhat-Dumka rail project," Chowdhury said at a function. Once the whole Rampurhat-Dumka line is opened up finally, it will open the Tarapith-Dumka tourism circuit and help people of both states, Chowdhury said.
New LS seating for TMC MPs likely today
New Delhi: MPs of Trinamool Congress are expected to be seated in the Opposition benches in the Lok Sabha from Monday. In fact, a lot of changes in the seating arrangements are on the cards with the inclusion of 17 MPs into the government a month back and removal of a few ministers. While the blueprint of the changed seating arrangements is not known, reports had it that the TMC members may find themselves in the company of their arch rivals - the Left Front.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move