Mamata’s peace talk: Nano work should resume
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
For the first time since work was suspended at the Tata's small car factory at Singur due to a dharna by Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool leader has urged the Tatas to start work in the factory.
She has hinted that there would not be any more blockades or attempts to stop work at the factory. Monday was the fourth consecutive day that work was suspended at the factory.
"We want immediate solution to the crisis. We are not against the Tatas," said Mamata. She urged the state Government not to resort to petty politics by influencing the closure of the factory. "The Government should immediately take steps to begin work at the factory," Mamata said. She, however, did not forget to toe her old line about the co-existence of farmers and industry.
"We are not against industrialisation. What we want is that there should be a peaceful co-existence between farmers and industries," she said. She blamed the state Government for creating a situation where both farming and factory work had to be stopped.
Mamata again reiterated her stand on holding talks and deliberations. "We are always open to talks. But the state Government's attitude to the Singur issue has been negative. Otherwise, the problem would have not lasted for two years."
The National Highway remained closed at the dharna site for the ninth consecutive day on Monday. Several intellectuals like Saoli Mitra and Aparna Sen appeared on the dharna manch. Mother and brother of Rizwanur Rehman also delivered speeches from the manch. Kabir Suman and Saoli Mitra enthralled the audience.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today