Mamata's Trinamool Congress titillates again, organises another 'sleazy' dance show
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
Days after a Trinamool Congress leader courted controversy by throwing wads of currency notes towards skimpily-clad girls dancing at its foundation day event, a freshers' welcome function organised by the party's student wing saw a dancer giving a titillating performance on stage.
Students of the Industrial Training Institute at Rangamati in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself at the event organised by the Trinamool Chhatra Parishad on Sunday.
The programme, which started late at night, was beamed by television channels.
TMCP district president Ramaprasad Giri, who was present at the function, today said he had left before the dancer's performance.
"I have asked for a detailed report from the college unit of TMCP. Action will be taken after getting the report," Giri said.
Students union officials were unavailable for comment.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past