Man accused of harassing wife ‘drinks poison’ inside police post
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
A 32-year-old shopkeeper attempted to commit suicide inside Crime Against Woman Cell in South Delhi's South Campus on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Raj Kumar of Sonepat has been accused of dowry harassment by his wife and the couple was called to the police station for counseling.
Police said the couple was called to the cell to discuss and settle the matter in front of an investigating officer and other officers. "While the session was on, Kumar pulled out a bottle of rat poison from his pocket and gulped the contents down. He also consumed a few pills. Then he started shouting that he does not want to live," an officer said.
The bottle was snatched from him and he was taken to hospital.
After he recovered, police charged him with attempted suicide and arrested him. "We will question his wife and relatives to ascertain if Kumar had attempted suicide earlier also," the officer said.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence