Man alleges 17-year-old nephew raped, killed his wife
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
A man lodged an FIR with local police against his 17-year-old nephew for allegedly killing his wife after raping her in Santrampur taluka of the Panchmahals district on Tuesday.
Police said a 32-year-old woman of Fulpari Falia in Babrol village of the taluka had died on January 7. Earlier, in his application filed with Santrampur police, the victim's husband had stated that she had a stone in her gallbladder. The police had filed a case of accidental death on Saturday.
However, in post mortem report of the woman's body, Santrampur district sub-hospital's doctors said the woman had been strangled to death. Following this revelation, the police turned the accidental death into a case of murder.
In his FIR, her husband alleged that she had an extramarital affair with his nephew. "While I was away for work, the boy raped and murdered my wife," he stated in the complaint.
Kadana CPI Harshad Sutar said while the post mortem report had confirmed that the woman had been murdered, it was yet to be ascertained if she had been raped before being killed. Police sources said the suspect was a minor and had been on the run since the death of the woman.
This is the third incident of alleged rape and second of rape and murder in the region. Santrampur police have registered a case of rape and murder against the teenager and started a hunt to arrest him.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today