Man alleges 17-year-old nephew raped, killed his wife
- India can boycott parliamentary conference, will not invite J-K Assembly Speaker: Pakistan
- Congress stalls GST Bill in Rajya Sabha; Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul
- Modi hails Mulayam's support to end logjam in Parliament
- Aadhaar card will be optional for availing social benefit schemes: Supreme Court
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad, husband Javed Anand
A man lodged an FIR with local police against his 17-year-old nephew for allegedly killing his wife after raping her in Santrampur taluka of the Panchmahals district on Tuesday.
Police said a 32-year-old woman of Fulpari Falia in Babrol village of the taluka had died on January 7. Earlier, in his application filed with Santrampur police, the victim's husband had stated that she had a stone in her gallbladder. The police had filed a case of accidental death on Saturday.
However, in post mortem report of the woman's body, Santrampur district sub-hospital's doctors said the woman had been strangled to death. Following this revelation, the police turned the accidental death into a case of murder.
In his FIR, her husband alleged that she had an extramarital affair with his nephew. "While I was away for work, the boy raped and murdered my wife," he stated in the complaint.
Kadana CPI Harshad Sutar said while the post mortem report had confirmed that the woman had been murdered, it was yet to be ascertained if she had been raped before being killed. Police sources said the suspect was a minor and had been on the run since the death of the woman.