Man arrested for carrying venomous snakes in flight
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Customs officials today arrested a man at the airport here with a suitcase containing five venomous snakes.
Airport sources said the arrested Mohammed Azarudin, who arrived by a Thai Airways flight, told the Customs officials that one of his friends in Thaliand gave the suitcase to him with a request to handover it to a person in Chennai.
He said he was given Rs 10,000 for carrying the suitcase and was unaware of the contents in it. Customs officials were investigating how Azaruddin managed to board the flight from Thailand clearing security mchecks. The suitcase was later handed over to Forest Department, the sources said.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid