Man arrested for carrying venomous snakes in flight
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Customs officials today arrested a man at the airport here with a suitcase containing five venomous snakes.
Airport sources said the arrested Mohammed Azarudin, who arrived by a Thai Airways flight, told the Customs officials that one of his friends in Thaliand gave the suitcase to him with a request to handover it to a person in Chennai.
He said he was given Rs 10,000 for carrying the suitcase and was unaware of the contents in it. Customs officials were investigating how Azaruddin managed to board the flight from Thailand clearing security mchecks. The suitcase was later handed over to Forest Department, the sources said.