Man arrested for planning mass shooting at ‘Breaking Dawn’ screening
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
US authorities have arrested a 20-year-old man who allegedly planed to commit a mass murder at the screening of a 'Twilight film', and at a Missouri Walmart.
Court documents showed that Blaec Lammers had purchased assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
His mother had told authorities on Thursday that her son had purchased weapons similar to those used by James Holmes, the Colorado movie theater massacre shooter, CBS news reports.
"Blaec Lammers stated that he had a lot in common with the people involved in (recent mass shootings)," court documents said.
"Blaec Lammers stated that he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn''t tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts," it added.
According to a report by KCTV, Lammers admitted to police that he had bought a rifle on Monday and another on Tuesday with the intention of shooting audience members who attended a showing of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2" at a theater in Bolivar.
He also planned to continue shooting at a local Walmart because he thought he could have access to additional ammunition, the report said.
- Man held for fleeing with women’s jewellery after proposing marriage
- Now, accused Shridharan seeks permanent accommodation
- Quash FIR for murder bid, Rane urges HC
- Ahmedabad East seat: Congress local man confident of overtaking BJP’s ‘imported actor’
- Trangenders in city hail SC verdict, say they’re humans at last
- Ramdev to campaign for Modi in Vadodara, Cong complains