Man arrested for raping daughter-in-law in Karnal
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The Haryana Police on Thursday arrested a Karnal resident for allegedly raping his daughter-in-law four months ago. The accused, a resident of Sambhli village in Karnal district, was produced before the court, which sent him to judicial custody.
According to the police, a woman had lodged a complaint at the Nissing police station on Wednesday, alleging that her daughter has been raped. "The woman said her daughter had married a man in Sambhli village on December 4, 2011. About four months ago, the accused raped her daughter and threatened her not to speak to anybody about the incident," a Karnal police spokesperson said. The woman added that when her daughter approached her mother-in-law, she also instructed her to keep mum.
While the victim's statement was recorded before the Duty Magistrate under Section 164 of the CrPC, she was also medically examined, which confirmed rape.
"We are verifying the role of the accused's wife in the entire act. There is a possibility that some other people were also involved in the case," the spokesperson said.
Delhi cop booked for rape in Sonepat
CHANDIGARH: A Delhi Police constable was on Thursday booked for allegedly raping a 22-year-old resident of Gorar village in Sonepat district. Krishan, a resident of the same village, is absconding. According to the victim, while she was collecting fodder when Krishan spotted her, forcibly took her to nearby sugarcane fields and raped her. Later, when she narrated the incident to her parents, a complaint was lodged with the police. "The victim was medically examined at civil hospital in Sonepat. We will get her statements recorded before the magistrate tomorrow morning," said a police officer. The police have constituted special teams to arrest the constable and also informed their counterparts in Delhi about the incident.
Woman 'raped' by husband's friend
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today