Man arrested for uploading photo of Lord Hanuman atop mosque on Facebook
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
A 20-year-old youth was arrested on charge of uploading an objectionable picture on the Facebook, police said on Saturday.
Pintu Sahu was taken to custody by Brahmanitarang police yesterday for posting an objectionable picture on his Facebook account, they said.
The picture showed "Lord Hanuman sitting atop a mosque" and the picture was posted on December 6, the day the Babri shrine was demolished, they said.
As tension was brewing among the community over the controversial picture, the police took Pintu into custody.
"We got the smell of tension. Three software specialists were pressed into service to find out the source of the controversial picture. Finally, Pintu Sahu's account was located," informed the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Rourkela S S Sethi.
Sahu was picked up and arrested, Sethi said adding that he had been booked under the provisions of IT Act besides section 153(A), 295(A) and 298 of IPC for fomenting enmity between two communities and disturbing the peaceful atmosphere of the society.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit