Man arrested for uploading photo of Lord Hanuman atop mosque on Facebook
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A 20-year-old youth was arrested on charge of uploading an objectionable picture on the Facebook, police said on Saturday.
Pintu Sahu was taken to custody by Brahmanitarang police yesterday for posting an objectionable picture on his Facebook account, they said.
The picture showed "Lord Hanuman sitting atop a mosque" and the picture was posted on December 6, the day the Babri shrine was demolished, they said.
As tension was brewing among the community over the controversial picture, the police took Pintu into custody.
"We got the smell of tension. Three software specialists were pressed into service to find out the source of the controversial picture. Finally, Pintu Sahu's account was located," informed the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Rourkela S S Sethi.
Sahu was picked up and arrested, Sethi said adding that he had been booked under the provisions of IT Act besides section 153(A), 295(A) and 298 of IPC for fomenting enmity between two communities and disturbing the peaceful atmosphere of the society.