Man arrested from Rohtak village for missing wife’s murder
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The Haryana Police on Sunday arrested a man from Rohtak district for allegedly murdering his wife on September 25, last year. Khushboo (23) had missing from Delhi's Jagatpuri area on September 25. Her husband Navneet (25), a resident of Chiri village in Rohtak, allegedly murdered her as he was suspicious of her.
During interrogation, Navneet told the police that he had murdered Khushboo and thrown her body in a canal at Titoli village in Rohtak. Following this, the police cross-checked their records found that the body of an unidentified woman, which now turns out to be Khusboo, was recovered on September 26 from the village. The body was cremated in October after the police failed identify her.
On September 26, Khusboo's parents had lodged a complaint with the Jagatpuri police station in Delhi, blaming Navneet for her disappearance. Following this, the Rohtak and Delhi police were investigating the case.
Navneet was in real estate business and used to run a factory in Jagatpuri. He met Khushboo in 2011 they got married on August 10, 2011 at a temple at Gurgaon against their parents' wishes. However, soon after their wedding, Navneet started suspecting her character and finally murdered her.