Man attacked over inter-caste marriage
- Ahead of Kisan rally, Rahul Gandhi meets delegation of farmers
- 15-year-old boy killed in J&K's Narbal as security forces open fire on protesters
- Suicide bombing in eastern Afghanistan kills 22, injures 50
- First Germany, now UK objects to India ‘breach’ of secret bank data
- Need to give foreign visit details in tax returns
A man was attacked by his brother-in-law late on Friday following a dispute over his inter-caste marriage. An attempt-to-murder case was registered at Yerawada police station. Police said suspect Nitin Kadam's sister married Alok Kamble of Ambedkar Nagar colony in Yerawada about two-and-a-half months ago. The Kadam family was not happy with the inter-caste marriage but Kamble went against their wishes and married Kadam's sister. This led to a dispute between Kamble and Kadam. Police said on Friday angry Kadam allegedly attacked Kamble at Ambedkar Nagar with a sharp weapon around 7 pm. Kamble was injured and rushed to a hospital.