Man attacks uncle over rent share, arrested
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
The Andheri police arrested a 27-year-old man on Sunday for allegedly throwing acid at his uncle's face and attacking him with an axe in a monetary dispute.
The incident took place around 8 pm on Saturday on the first floor of the Uttam da Dhaba hotel at Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri. Rajinder Singh Lakshotra (49), who owns the hotel, was on the first floor when his nephew Sarabjeet Singh alias Happy (27) came to meet him. Their conversation turned violent, police said.
The accused then threw acid on Lakshotra's face and attacked him with an axe. The victim was rushed to the SevenHills hospital where he is currently recuperating.
MIDC police launched a manhunt for Happy and arrested him from the same locality at 2.30 am. "The accused, currently unemployed, was produced before a local court and remanded in police custody till March 2," said S Huzband, senior inspector.
Police said that there was a disagreement between the families of the accused and the victim over the past few months.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully