Man attacks uncle over rent share, arrested
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka through to final after hailstorm
The Andheri police arrested a 27-year-old man on Sunday for allegedly throwing acid at his uncle's face and attacking him with an axe in a monetary dispute.
The incident took place around 8 pm on Saturday on the first floor of the Uttam da Dhaba hotel at Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri. Rajinder Singh Lakshotra (49), who owns the hotel, was on the first floor when his nephew Sarabjeet Singh alias Happy (27) came to meet him. Their conversation turned violent, police said.
The accused then threw acid on Lakshotra's face and attacked him with an axe. The victim was rushed to the SevenHills hospital where he is currently recuperating.
MIDC police launched a manhunt for Happy and arrested him from the same locality at 2.30 am. "The accused, currently unemployed, was produced before a local court and remanded in police custody till March 2," said S Huzband, senior inspector.
Police said that there was a disagreement between the families of the accused and the victim over the past few months.
The accused felt that Lakshotra had not been paying his family their share of rent from the hotel and two shops nearby.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC clears Gujarat minister in 2005 murder case, praises govt for swift trials in riots cases