Man attacks uncle over rent share, arrested
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
The Andheri police arrested a 27-year-old man on Sunday for allegedly throwing acid at his uncle's face and attacking him with an axe in a monetary dispute.
The incident took place around 8 pm on Saturday on the first floor of the Uttam da Dhaba hotel at Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri. Rajinder Singh Lakshotra (49), who owns the hotel, was on the first floor when his nephew Sarabjeet Singh alias Happy (27) came to meet him. Their conversation turned violent, police said.
The accused then threw acid on Lakshotra's face and attacked him with an axe. The victim was rushed to the SevenHills hospital where he is currently recuperating.
MIDC police launched a manhunt for Happy and arrested him from the same locality at 2.30 am. "The accused, currently unemployed, was produced before a local court and remanded in police custody till March 2," said S Huzband, senior inspector.
Police said that there was a disagreement between the families of the accused and the victim over the past few months.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.