Man attacks uncle over rent share, arrested
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
The Andheri police arrested a 27-year-old man on Sunday for allegedly throwing acid at his uncle's face and attacking him with an axe in a monetary dispute.
The incident took place around 8 pm on Saturday on the first floor of the Uttam da Dhaba hotel at Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri. Rajinder Singh Lakshotra (49), who owns the hotel, was on the first floor when his nephew Sarabjeet Singh alias Happy (27) came to meet him. Their conversation turned violent, police said.
The accused then threw acid on Lakshotra's face and attacked him with an axe. The victim was rushed to the SevenHills hospital where he is currently recuperating.
MIDC police launched a manhunt for Happy and arrested him from the same locality at 2.30 am. "The accused, currently unemployed, was produced before a local court and remanded in police custody till March 2," said S Huzband, senior inspector.
Police said that there was a disagreement between the families of the accused and the victim over the past few months.