Man attacks uncle over rent share, arrested
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The Andheri police arrested a 27-year-old man on Sunday for allegedly throwing acid at his uncle's face and attacking him with an axe in a monetary dispute.
The incident took place around 8 pm on Saturday on the first floor of the Uttam da Dhaba hotel at Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri. Rajinder Singh Lakshotra (49), who owns the hotel, was on the first floor when his nephew Sarabjeet Singh alias Happy (27) came to meet him. Their conversation turned violent, police said.
The accused then threw acid on Lakshotra's face and attacked him with an axe. The victim was rushed to the SevenHills hospital where he is currently recuperating.
MIDC police launched a manhunt for Happy and arrested him from the same locality at 2.30 am. "The accused, currently unemployed, was produced before a local court and remanded in police custody till March 2," said S Huzband, senior inspector.
Police said that there was a disagreement between the families of the accused and the victim over the past few months.
The accused felt that Lakshotra had not been paying his family their share of rent from the hotel and two shops nearby.