Man attacks youth over phone call to ‘girlfriend’
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
A 26-year-old man was attacked with a chopper in Worli on Tuesday night over an argument concerning a female friend. The police have arrested one of the four assailants and are on the lookout for the others.
Worli police said the victim, Vikram Naidu, is a resident of the same area. On Tuesday, he called a female friend to wish her on Christmas at around 11.40 pm. She was with her friend Ashraf Nasir (25) at the time, and he objected to Naidu calling the girl so late in the night. Nasir took the phone and had an argument with Naidu, after which he called up three of his friends.
"The group went over to Naidu's area and attacked him with a chopper, after which they fled. Naidu was rushed to the Poddar hospital in Worli where he was discharged after being treated for minor back injuries," said an officer.
Naidu subsequently approached the Worli police, and a complaint of assault and criminal intimidation was registered under the Indian Penal Code. Based on the address provided by Naidu, the police picked up Nasir from his Nagpada residence. He was taken to the police station for questioning and subsequently placed under arrest on Wednesday.