Man beaten to death for advising youths to drive safely
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
A man was allegedly beaten to death at Attur in the district by five persons who were irked over his advising them to drive safely, police said on Wednesday.
Police said the man was driving his two-wheeler last night when three persons on a motorcycle and two others on another two-wheeler rode past him with one of the riders standing.
He advised them to drive safely and soon after the motorcycle carrying the three persons toppled, sending them crashing to the ground.
The five accused, who were allegedly in an inebriated state, thrashed the man, who died on the spot, police said.
The deceased was a driver at a government primary health centre and is survived by wife and two sons.
A case has been registered against the five persons under various IPC sections including 302 (murder).