Man beats dog to death, arrested
- India to boycott Commonwealth Parliamentary Union meeting in Pak
- Suresh Raina ‘rested’ after name pops up in Lalit Modi’s email to ICC
- Suicide bomber kills 20 recruits in Kabul police academy blast
- Trouble over Naga peace accord; Won't cede an inch of land, say Assam, Arunachal, Manipur CMs
- President Pranab Mukherjee's wife admitted to Delhi hospital
A 48-year-old man has been arrested for beating a dog to death in Hari Nagar, West Delhi. Sushil alias Silu (35), who works at crematorium, allegedly attacked the dog in a fit of rage, after he had an altercation with the dog's owner, police said.
In a statement to police, Neha (30), said Sushil came to her house and abused her. He was also carrying a rod and fearing for the safety of the children, Neha asked them to go inside and started shouting for help, police were told.
She told police that the commotion alerted their pet dog, who started barking at Sushil. "The accused hit the dog on the head with the rod. The dog started bleeding and collapsed on the floor," Neha said.
Police was called after Sushil was overpowered by the neighbours. "Sushil was arrested from the spot and a case of under IPC Section 429 (killing an animal) has been registered," a police officer said.