Man beats dog to death, arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
A 48-year-old man has been arrested for beating a dog to death in Hari Nagar, West Delhi. Sushil alias Silu (35), who works at crematorium, allegedly attacked the dog in a fit of rage, after he had an altercation with the dog's owner, police said.
In a statement to police, Neha (30), said Sushil came to her house and abused her. He was also carrying a rod and fearing for the safety of the children, Neha asked them to go inside and started shouting for help, police were told.
She told police that the commotion alerted their pet dog, who started barking at Sushil. "The accused hit the dog on the head with the rod. The dog started bleeding and collapsed on the floor," Neha said.
Police was called after Sushil was overpowered by the neighbours. "Sushil was arrested from the spot and a case of under IPC Section 429 (killing an animal) has been registered," a police officer said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18