Man beats dog to death, arrested
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A 48-year-old man has been arrested for beating a dog to death in Hari Nagar, West Delhi. Sushil alias Silu (35), who works at crematorium, allegedly attacked the dog in a fit of rage, after he had an altercation with the dog's owner, police said.
In a statement to police, Neha (30), said Sushil came to her house and abused her. He was also carrying a rod and fearing for the safety of the children, Neha asked them to go inside and started shouting for help, police were told.
She told police that the commotion alerted their pet dog, who started barking at Sushil. "The accused hit the dog on the head with the rod. The dog started bleeding and collapsed on the floor," Neha said.
Police was called after Sushil was overpowered by the neighbours. "Sushil was arrested from the spot and a case of under IPC Section 429 (killing an animal) has been registered," a police officer said.