Man beats dog to death, arrested
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A 48-year-old man has been arrested for beating a dog to death in Hari Nagar, West Delhi. Sushil alias Silu (35), who works at crematorium, allegedly attacked the dog in a fit of rage, after he had an altercation with the dog's owner, police said.
In a statement to police, Neha (30), said Sushil came to her house and abused her. He was also carrying a rod and fearing for the safety of the children, Neha asked them to go inside and started shouting for help, police were told.
She told police that the commotion alerted their pet dog, who started barking at Sushil. "The accused hit the dog on the head with the rod. The dog started bleeding and collapsed on the floor," Neha said.
Police was called after Sushil was overpowered by the neighbours. "Sushil was arrested from the spot and a case of under IPC Section 429 (killing an animal) has been registered," a police officer said.