Man booked for assaulting wife
- Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi resigns taking 'moral responsibility' for INS Sindhuratna accident
- Lok Sabha elections: TRS gives Congress the jitters post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy fails to appear in SC, non-bailable arrest warrant issued
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- BJP offers seven seats to Paswan but with a rider: 'your symbol, our candidate'
The Haryana police has booked a Karnal resident on charges of domestic violence and assaulting his wife. The police said on Thursday that a woman approached them on December 24 and alleged that her husband put chillies in her private parts and tortured her the previous night.
"Taking cognisance of the complaint, the victim was taken to a civil hospital and medically examined, following which a case was registered against her husband, Chandershekhar, who is absconding," the Karnal police spokesperson said.
The police further said that the Public Relations Officer, who allegedly used insensitive words about the victim, while issuing the press release, had been transferred and a departmental inquiry has been ordered against him.
"The police also provided counselling to the victim and are making efforts to nab the accused," the spokesperson added.