Man booked for molesting 17-year-old daughter
- Mamata seeks clarification on transfer orders after Election Commission's warning on cancellation of polls
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress may announce its candidate against Modi from Varanasi today
A 45-YEAR-OLD Wadala resident was arrested Wednesday for allegedly molesting and committing obscene acts, such as showing her pornographic videos, with his teenage daughter for over a year, police said. The accused has been booked under IPC, Information Technology Act and the stringent Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The 17-year-old girl, in her complaint, has alleged that her father told her that she would "get used to it after a while," said senior inspector Pandurang Ingule.
Wadala police said the accused, who stayed with his daughter in Lal Bahadhur Shastri Nagar, was a building contractor.
His wife stays in her native place to take care of her ailing parents and only visits once a year, police said.
"The girl said her father had been sexually exploiting her for over a year. In April last year, the accused entered her room while she was changing clothes and started touching her inappropriately. He threatened her with dire consequence if she told anyone," said Ingule.
Police said on Monday, when the victim reached home, she found her father sitting in the living room watching a pornographic video and he allegedly made her stay in the room and watch it with him.
"The accused has been remanded in police custody till May 23. A probe is on," added Ingule.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city