Man booked for sexual abuse of 6-year old daughter in Kerala
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
The police have registered a case against a man for allegedly sexually harassing his six-year-old daughter.
The Ernakulam police are on the look out for the father, who went into hiding after the girl's mother petitioned the police two weeks back.
Quoting the psychologist, who counselled the girl, the police said that the man used to forcibly give her liquor. Medical examination has not indicated rape but the girl had narrated incidents of sexual torture. The police said the girl's mother was living separated from her father who would take the girl home on weekends, during which he abused her. Recently, after she was counselled for mental disturbance, the girl revealed the abuse. The man has been charged under section 328 of IPC and section nine of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.