Man bumps into vendors’ union leader, stabbed
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
A 28-year-old businessman was stabbed with rods for inadvertently brushing his shoulder against a man in Nizamuddin on Sunday evening, police said.
Police arrested three men and detained a juvenile for stabbing Devender Chawdhary of Bhogal, Southeast Delhi, who was waiting with his cousin for his business associate when the incident took place.
Chawdhary has been admitted to AIIMS with multiple stab wounds and his condition is said to be critical because of heavy blood loss.
Police said Chawdhary was on the footpath when he accidentally bumped into the leader of the hawkers' union in the area. He hurled abuses at Chawdhary and called out his men, police said.
"Soon three men, including a juvenile, came with rods and assaulted Chawdhary and Sandeep. The businessman got stabbed during the altercation," an officer said.
"Chawdhary was stabbed several times in the stomach and right arm before people intervened and informed police. The accused were arrested and a case was registered at Nizamuddin police station. Chawdhary and Sandeep were taken to AIIMS, where the younger man was discharged after treatment," the officer said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express