Man caught between wall and lift dies
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
In a freak accident , a 29-year-old electrician crushed to death between an elevator and the wall in a building in Goregaon West on Wednesday morning.
According to the police, Kashinath Dalai, an electrician, had been working at the Galaxy building in Goregaon West for the last five years. The two lifts in the building had stopped working on Tuesday.
The electrician was repairing the second lift when the accident occurred.
Eyewitness told the police that the electrician was inspecting the lift when the lift suddenly started moving and the elevator started spiralling downwards.
The victim was trapped between the lift and the wall, and was dragged down. He died on the spot.
The residents of the building immediately called the fire brigade, who extricated the body and sent it to the nearby hospital for post -mortem.
Police who were informed sent a team to the building.