Man caught between wall and lift dies
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
In a freak accident , a 29-year-old electrician crushed to death between an elevator and the wall in a building in Goregaon West on Wednesday morning.
According to the police, Kashinath Dalai, an electrician, had been working at the Galaxy building in Goregaon West for the last five years. The two lifts in the building had stopped working on Tuesday.
The electrician was repairing the second lift when the accident occurred.
Eyewitness told the police that the electrician was inspecting the lift when the lift suddenly started moving and the elevator started spiralling downwards.
The victim was trapped between the lift and the wall, and was dragged down. He died on the spot.
The residents of the building immediately called the fire brigade, who extricated the body and sent it to the nearby hospital for post -mortem.
Police who were informed sent a team to the building.
"We have registered an accidental death report and are recording statements of people present on the spot," said Arun Jadhav, senior police inspector at the Goregaon police station.