Man commits suicide, wife, in-laws arrested
- US stands in strong partnership with India against terrorism: John Kerry
- Police, Army raid north Kashmir's Ladoora village, youth killed
- On terror and Pakistan, meeting of minds with US: Sushma Swaraj
- NCRB data: 25 per cent of children raped were targeted at work by their employers and co-workers
- India, US sign key defence pact to use each other’s bases for repair, supplies
A woman, Rekha Vinod Dangde (23), has been arrested for abetting the suicide of her husband. Her parents have also been arrested for abetment. The three allegedly harassed Vinod Dangde (22), a labourer, prompting him to commit suicide. Vinod's mother had registered the police complaint. Police said Rekha and Vinod, who were related and lived in the same locality at Indira Nagar vasahat in Chinchwad, married seven months ago. They continued to live separately. Vinod's mother alleged that Rekha and her parents harassed Vinod whenever he went to meet her. They also allegedly confiscated his wages. This allegedly prompted him to finally end his life. The court remanded Rekha and her parents in police custody for a day.
Army jawan dies in road accident
Army jawan Amol Thorat (28) from Thergaon and his friend Sandeep Sridhar Vasure died after their bike crashed into a road divider opposite Aundh post office. Amol was to be married next month. The bike dashed against the road divider while taking a turn towards Rakshak chowk.
Man assaults traffic constable, arrested
- Who wants Prevention of Corruption Act amended, and why, is the question
- Maneka Gandhi’s reservations on paternity leave are based on gender stereotypes
- Garbage generation has reached frightening proportions
- Cotton, mustard, two GM debates
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition