Man dies after being thrown from dhaba rooftop, one arrested
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A man was arrested on Wednesday after he threw a person from the rooftop of a dhaba in Model town Gol market, killing the victim instantly. The accused, Ram Milan — working as a helper in Preetam Dhaba — threw an as of yet unidentified person from the roof top. He was arrested by the police in the evening.
Rajiv Bagga, who was crossing that road at the time if the incident was an eyewitness to the crime. Bagga told the police that he was coming back from railway station after leaving a relative and when he reached Gol market, he was shocked to see Ram Milan throwing a man from the roof top.
Bagga said that he often used to go to Preetam Dhabha to meet the owner and hence recognised the servant well. Bagga immediately informed police division number 4 SHO Vinod Kumar who started investigations and by evening Ram Milan had been arrested.
The victim, believed to be in mid-30s, has not yet been identified.
Police investigations revealed that the victim as well as Ram Milan were drunk and gambling on Diwali night which continued till early morning.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?