Man dies after being thrown from dhaba rooftop, one arrested
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A man was arrested on Wednesday after he threw a person from the rooftop of a dhaba in Model town Gol market, killing the victim instantly. The accused, Ram Milan — working as a helper in Preetam Dhaba — threw an as of yet unidentified person from the roof top. He was arrested by the police in the evening.
Rajiv Bagga, who was crossing that road at the time if the incident was an eyewitness to the crime. Bagga told the police that he was coming back from railway station after leaving a relative and when he reached Gol market, he was shocked to see Ram Milan throwing a man from the roof top.
Bagga said that he often used to go to Preetam Dhabha to meet the owner and hence recognised the servant well. Bagga immediately informed police division number 4 SHO Vinod Kumar who started investigations and by evening Ram Milan had been arrested.
The victim, believed to be in mid-30s, has not yet been identified.
Police investigations revealed that the victim as well as Ram Milan were drunk and gambling on Diwali night which continued till early morning.
"They had an argument among themselves while playing and Ram Milan in a fit of anger murdered the person. Investigations are on to find more details," said the police authorities.